CLASSIFICATION OF WATER TURBINE
What is Water Turbine?
The purpose of Water Turbine is to Convert Kinetic energy, or potential energy into mechanical or electrical energy. Hydraulic Turbine or Water turbines are used in hydroelectric generation pants to transfer the energy from water to a rotating shaft and thus generates electricity. The Turbine rotates through the contact of water with the blades. Water Turbines are fundamental in the area of hydropower- the process of producing electricity from water.
Types of Water Turbine
There are basically two types of Hydraulic Turbine – Reaction Turbine and Impulse Turbine.
A Reaction Turbine creates Electricity from the combined activity of and Pressure and Flowing Water. The runner is set in the water, streaming over the blades instead of striking each separately. Reaction Turbines are used for the sites with lower head and higher streams. The Reaction turbine can be sub-classified into three categories.
The propeller turbine is a kind of inward flow reaction turbine. It has runner (propeller shaped) with 3-6 blades wherein the water contacts the blades continually. The propeller turbine is mostly used in hydraulic sites with high stream rates. There are different types of Propeller Turbine namely BULB TURBINE, STRAFLO, TUBE TURBINE, KAPLAN.
A francis Turbine is a kind of inward flow reaction turbine. It’s a combination of radial and axial flow concepts. A francis turbine has a runner with fixed vanes, generally at least 9.
Kinetic energy turbines are also known as free flow turbines. It creates electricity from the kinetic energy in the streaming water as opposed to potential energy from the head.
The impulse turbine uses water speed for moving the runner and releases to atmospheric pressure. Each bucket is hit by the water stream on the runner. On the downside of turbine, there is no suction, and the water streams out the lower part of the turbine lodging subsequent to hitting the runner. An impulse Turbine is usually used for high head, low stream applications.
Problems with traditional Water Turbine
1. Major drawback with Water Turbine is it requires high head pressure.
2. Traditional Water Turbine has a lower efficiency.
3. Traditional Hydraulic Turbine Requires lot of maintenance.
4. In Hydraulic Turbine water stream can easily makes vortex in the shell, resulting in resistance and thus affecting the efficiency of Water Turbine.
5. The Gearbox installed will increase the vibration, which leads to less transmission efficiency and causing higher fault rate.
Introducing KIMAX Cooling Tower Water Turbine
Traditional Water Turbine has lots of drawbacks. Kimax has manufactured the innovated CT Water Turbine, which is the most optimal in the market. Our Kimax Hydro Turbine is tailored to Clients needs and can best meet user requirements.
1. KIMAX CT Water Turbine
CT Water Turbine which has more or less 10-year history has been widely known in terms of 100% Electricity Saving in energy saving field.
Kimax Cooling Tower Water Turbine design is based on cooling system parameter, surplus pressure and flow requirements from users, and relevant technical parameters of each structural part of obtained after analysis. In design and production phases, flow areas, guide angles, rotation wheel diameters and blade shapes of various nodes are specifically designed and processed based on these analysis. We are top manufacturer and Suppliers of Water Turbine in world and therefore, Each and every CT Water Turbine is tailored to customer needs and can best meet user process and user requirements.
2. KIMAX Cooling Tower Water Turbine + Booster
Advantages of Kimax Cooling Tower Water Turbine
• Electricity Saving Originally introduced engine for driving fan is wiped out, power saving rate is just about as high as 85%~100.
• Labour Cost is reduced, as the maintenance time to be spent on motor and coupling is eliminated.
• Water saving fan speed, for example, acceptable than the original slow, can diminish water evaporation.
• Reduction in vibration and commotion.
• It has smart temperature system which is used to keep water temperature stable in flowing water system.